TakahashiTOA-150B Refractor Telescope - Heavy-Duty 4" Focuser
- The Takahashi TOA-150B features a new 4" focuser that uses a long stroke linear bearing designed to support a heavy instrument package. The focuser uses a trigger lock focus lock and new pinion assembly.
- The Ortho-Apochromatic Triplet Lens of the TOA-150B incorporates an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element sandwiched between two crown glass to eliminate chromatic aberration.
- TheTakahashi TOA-150B Refractor Telescopeprovides 1100mm focal length and an f/7.33 focal ratio, which can provide a 90mm image circle and a photographic field of 3.5 degrees for unvignetted imaging.
- For superior light transmission and excellent contrast, all surfaces are fully multi-coated with multiple layers of antireflection materials and the tube interior is knife-edge baffled.
- Offers an outstanding resolution of 0.77 arc seconds and limiting visual magnitude of 13.4.
- Five year Takahashi Warranty.
Takahashi TOA-150B - 5.9" f/7.33 Ortho-Apochromat Triplet Refractor Telescope
The Takahashi TOA-150B employs a newly designed triplet using special elements to produce the highest order of color correction. Orthoscopic means perfected visually and Apochromatic means you're free from those strange violet glows which often accompany bright stars or planets. Thanks to the ingenious design of layering an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element between two extreme quality crown and flint elements - perfection ensues. And what's more, it's air spaced, so there's no oil between the elements to leak or become opaque with age. The lens cells are durably constructed to withstand transport - yet are fully able to be collimated should the owner wish to make adjustments. With 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy-disc Strehl ratio of 0.992, the optics on the Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO are as near to perfection as you can get!
The Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO is a dream come true for those who want to use a medium format camera. It includes a newly designed 4" focuser that uses a long stroke linear bearing designed to handle heavy instrument packages with ease. LIke the FSQ-106ED, the focuser on the TOA-150B uses a trigger lock focus lock and has a new pinion assembly. A camera angle adjuster is included, and enables the observer or astrophotographer to turn the ocular or camera 360 degrees to better view or frame an object to be photographed. The 4" focuser, coupled with the optional dedicated flattener, will produce a fully usable 90mm diameter image circle. But that's not all. The focuser itself offers a generous 225mm of backfocus to allow the use of additional accessories, like adding on color filter wheels, etc. What's more, the focuser itself offers "no slip" stability with dual knobs for ease of use, 10:1 Micro Edge Focuser and 2" threaded eyepiece/accessory holder with 1.25" compression ring eyepiece holder also supplied.
The Takahashi TOA-150B Refractor is perfect for visual, CCD and classic astrophotography. The f/7.3 focal ratio with a 1100mm focal length is long enough for high magnification observations of the Moon and attaching the optional Extender TOA converts the TOA-150 APO into a f/11.68 planetary instrument capable of very high magnification. You'll get images which display.the high order of color correction of the Ortho-Apochromat Series without saturated color and, thanks to the numerous knife-edged baffles, it displays amazing contrast - all packaged in a short, 38" tube with the dew preventive lens shade retracted that weighs just under 43 pounds. It even has an optional convenient handle at the rear - located just before the focuser - which will allow for an easy grip for carrying and setting up the optical tube.
Takahashi quality... Through and through!
Takahashi Product Number:TSA0150